Small businesses are a cornerstone of our economy. 2020 has been devastating for many small businesses who are fighting to survive right now. More now than ever, it is so important to support local and small businesses. As a small business owner, I wanted to call out some awesome small businesses and black-owned businesses that I think you’ll like. I encourage you to shop small for a gift this holiday season and give each of these brands a follow on Instagram + newsletter sign up.
1. Briogeo / 2. TheyMakeMeSmile / 3. DiscoverNight / 4. Femfetti / 5. Glory Skincare / 6. Fluff Alpaca / 7. Jojumi Wild / 8. Kahmune / 9. Little Words Project / 10. Mi Madre Lo Hizo / 11. OUI The People / 12. Oma The Label / 13. Shop Caribbean Cowgirl / 14. SarahValli / 15. SunStyles by Snappyscreen / 16. Tubbys Taste
- Briogeo Clean ingredients and incredible hair prodcts. The “don’t despair, repair” shampoo & conditioner have been keeping my hair healthy and smooth for a while! Briogeo’s products also leave your hair smelling divine. I just ordered this Briogeo gift set for myself as I have been wanting to try the honey mask for a while.
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @briogeo
2. TheyMakeMeSmile One of my favorite merchants on Etsy! You’ll find the cutest hand sewn minature animals. I have shopped TheyMakeMeSmile for several years. Each of Diane’s (the owner) creatures are handmade, very soft and have incredible detail. They’re a great gift for yourself, someone else and they also make the cutest stocking stuffer. You can message Diane for custom orders. Phil and I are going to reach out about getting a custom Theodore made!
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @dianedog
3. DiscoverNight This brand is at the intersection of sleep, comfort and beauty. I recently discovered the brand when I asked who your favorite small businesses were on my IG stories. I can’t wait to try their silk masks.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @discovernight
4. Femfetti From coffee mugs to t-shirts and beyond, Femfetti has you covered for all the fun products you’ll ever need. I’m currently loving this merry & bright holiday pullover.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @femfetti
5. Glory Skincare Non-toxic, natural skin-care products you will love. I think Glory’s skincare box is really cool. Glory partners with BIPOC-owned businesses to curate a Skincare Box which includes a custom assortment of clean beauty products – curated from a quiz – to fit your needs.
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @gloryskincare_
6. Fluff Alpaca I am the biggest fan of and frequent shopper at Fluff Alpaca. Their wearables and home goods are all made from alpaca fiber which is both sustainable and cruelty-free. Alpaca fiber is also super warm and cozy, perfect for winter! I love that I know exactly where and how Fluff Alpaca’s products are made. I am obsessed with these alpaca socks (and own two pairs) along with these ear muffs. Both are perfect holiday gifts to treat yourself to or gift someone else!
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @fluffalpaca
7. Jojumi Wild Health-conscious effective products for your hair and skin. I love that Jojumi is transparent with the ingredients they use (a real win for me, I have very sensitive skin and care deeply about what ingredients are in any product I put on my body). Check out Jojumi’s best selling anti-wrinkle Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum which would make for a great stocking stuffer this holiday season.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @jojumiwild
8. Kahmune The ultimate nude shoe brand! Kahmune shoes are designed to match the skin tones of all women and come in ten different shades. Like Suitably, Kahmune’s shoes are minimalistic – the kind of shoes that you’ll invest in, can style with many outfits and wear for life. One of the many reasons why I am obsessed with Kahmune!
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @kahmune
9. Little Words Project If you follow me on stories, you have seen me wearing a LWP bracelet. I also frequently purchase LWP bracelets as gifts for friends. LWP’s beaded bracets each have an inspirational word. The bracelts come in a variety of fun colors and are a cute addition to any bracelet stack.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @littlewordsproject
10. Mi Madre Lo Hizo I recently discovered this shop and have been excited to share it. Mi Madre Lo Hizo has the cutest magnets, earrings and keychains – all food inspired. I’m loving the sweet pepper and concha magnet for a festive pop of color on our fridge!
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @mimadre18
11. OUI The People A razor that marries quality and design. The reviews for this razor are unparallelled!! I’m oftentimes left with irritated skin or bumps after shaving and have struggled to find a razor I love. I have wanted to splurge on this one for a while!
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @ouithepeople
12. Oma The Label Been following this brand for a while! Trendy jewelry and clothing that takes you from day to night, without traditional markups. The Simone Ring is my current favorite. It won’t go out of style. I have a similar baguette ring that was my grandmothers. I wear it all the time and it goes with everything.
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @omathelabel
13. Shop Caribbean Cowgirl Luxe looks for less for every occasion from work to a night out. I came across this brand from many of you who recommended it to me. LaNatria, Shop Caribbean Cowgirls founder, started her brand so all women can show their confidence to the world.
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @shopcaribbeancowgirl
14. SarahValli A new jewelry brand you must check out. Super affordable (lots of options under $25) and pretty pieces that will look great with everything. My current favorites are the Umiko ring and the La Royale ring. Both fun and easy to dress up or down.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @saravalli.jewelry
15. SunStyles by Snappyscreen I shared SunStyles spray sunscreen on my story a few months ago and encourage you to check them out if you’re on the hunt for sunscreen. Sunstyles is made with clean ingredients, should not cause you to break out, is not greasy and does not stain your clothing – an all around win-win. It comes in SPF 15, 30, 40 and is currently on sale for $15.
★ Woman-Owned Business, IG @snappyscreen
16. Tubbys Taste Creates delicious vegan desserts. Send a holiday cookie sample box as a gift this holiday season. The sample box includes 6, 12 or 24 vegan cookies in traditional and fun flavors like oatmeal run & ginger molasses.
★ Black-Owned Business, IG @tubbystaste